When you buy a new home, it’s easy to want everything else, from accent pieces to furniture, to be new too. Believe it or not, it’s possible to get the décor look you love while being easy on your wallet.
Here are a few tips for decorating on a budget:
- De-cluttering is key. Minimalism is in, and maximizing storage and organizing your space is a great way to get your clutter out of sight and show off what you’ve got.
- Maximize your furnishings. Take on small space by having your furniture work for you. For example, a storage bed doubles as space to store things. A chest can work as an end table, and also a place to put blankets or linens.
- Lighten things up! Lighting can quite literally open and transform a space, and it doesn’t have to be expensive. Update an old lamp with a new shade or invest in unique lighting from stores like Ikea.
- Get crafty! channel your inner DIY self and add some color by painting an accent wall. Making your own furniture (from bedroom headboards to chic side table) may take time, but is well worth it, and Pinterest offers no shortage of ideas.
- Find treasures on Craigslist. You can find countless great deals buying (and selling) on Craigslist. Browsing can be time consuming, but subscribing to your search terms can minimize the search.
With spring in our midst, the bug to freshen things up often strikes. Whether you’re purchasing a new home or just wanting to revamp your space, we wish you happy decorating!